Who are we?
We are a registered charity run by Volunteers including parents, carers, and grandparents.
Chair – Amanda Jex (2023/24 -Year 2 Mum)
Secretary – Stephanie Lister (2023/24- Year 1 Mum)
Treasurer – Helen Lamoon (2023/24- Year 2 Mum)
We also have a great committee with members who all work to help to organise and run events. We are a friendly bunch who are always happy to welcome anyone.
We all volunteer for the same reason – the Children! We want to give them fantastic experiences and lovely things to remember about school. We also want to raise money to support the school in supplying essential things for the children.
What do we do?
Here are some previous events we have put together:
• End of Term sweet treat stalls
• Movie Nights
• School Disco
• Dress Down days
• Christmas Fayre
• Pop up Shops for Mothers and Father’s day.
• Christmas and Easter activities.
Why do we do it?
Here are some of the many things the PTA has funded:
• School reading books
• EYFS new starter book bags
• Subsidised trips
• Arranging Santa visits
We are working hard to raise funds for playground updates and exciting projects. Your support at events makes it possible. Let’s create a better play experience for our children together!
How can you help?
● Everyone is welcome at our meetings! Join us for our monthly coffee mornings on the first Friday of every month. It’s a wonderful opportunity to connect, discuss upcoming events, and share ideas. We value your input and look forward to seeing you there! Let’s make our PTA community even stronger together.
● Provide your name and email for our contact list and we can keep you informed of events and volunteer requests. (email firstname.lastname@example.org)
● You don’t have to be a member or even commit regularly, just help us out when and where you can.
● Look out for us in the newsletter.
● Follow our Facebook page ‘Friends of Mercenfeld.’
● Send us your ideas and suggestions, we love to hear new ideas! (email email@example.com)
● Join our School Lottery – More information available for this and all the PTA events on our Linktree.