Here you can find key information and resources relating to your child’s journey throughout the year.
Our Year 3/4 Team
Homework will be given out on a Friday to be handed in the following Wednesday.
Spellings will be sent home on a Friday to learn and will be tested on the following Wednesday.
Spelling Shed link below.
By the end of Year 3 children are expected to be able to recall multiplication facts for their 2,5,10 and 3,4, 8 times tables.
By the end of Year 4 children are expected to be able to recall all multiplication facts up to 12 x 12.
A times table test will take place each Monday
Times Table Rock Star link below.
Children are allocated an on-line book banded reading book and are encouraged to read books at home of their choice. Please remember to read with your child at home as often as possible, but a minimum of 3 times a week is expected.
Pandas and Squirrels
Tuesday – Indoor PE
Thursday – Outdoor PE
Thursday – Outdoor PE
Friday – Indoor PE
Please ensure your child wears the correct PE kit as detailed in our uniform policy.
Years 2-6 Curriculum is delivered through Cornerstones (please refer to our curriculum page for further details).
The long-term plan below gives an over of the topics that will be delivered this year.
A knowledge mat giving information about the topic will be shared on Google classrooms at the beginning of each unit and a copy will be sent home for reference – we hope you find these useful.
We hope that you find these website links helpful to support your child with their home learning.
- Spelling Shed – Spelling activities to help children learn age related spellings.
- Spell Zone – A range of spelling activities/games to help children learn spelling rules and patterns.
- Times Table Rock Stars – Times table practice.
- BBC Bitesize – Information and support for all curriculum areas.
- Crickweb – A range of English games activities.
- Primary Homework Help – A useful site to use for topic work.
- PiXL – Unlock App
- PiXL – Times Tables App
Year 3 and 4 Long Term Topic Plan
Alongside this plan lessons will include:
- PHSE (Including Relationships Education)
- Computing (including E-Safety)
- British Values