Wellbeing Tip: from 5 ways to manage your well being as a parent during lockdown (applies to teachers, leaders and parents / carers)
- Be realistic and kind to yourself. Things will rarely go according to plan, particularly now that all our routines are different. Don’t be self-critical.
- Notice what’s on your mind. It’s sometimes easy not to notice how we’re feeling, particularly in the hurly burly of life.
- Connect with other parents. This is probably the hardest time any of us have lived through as parents.
- Create routine and agree your own rules. Our wellbeing is often nurtured by having a daily routine, a structure to our lives.
- Be honest and say sorry when you can. We promote our own wellbeing by knowing when we do and don’t get things right.